Tower of London
The Royal Armouries is located in the White Tower, the central keep of the Tower of London, which is its historical home.
For more directions and a map to the museum click on the Google map logo below.
To ensure a trouble free journey get live road traffic information from www.keepmoving.co.uk
The Royal Armouries is located within the White Tower, HM Tower of London.
You can use Transport Direct to get directions to the Royal Armouries by car or public transport.
Use the District or Circle lines to Tower Hill station. Follow the signs to the Tower’s main entrance which is a five minute walk from the station.
There are two stations close by: Fenchurch Street or London Bridge.
- Fenchurch Street: Exit on to Mark Lane. Turn left on to Byward Street, which will lead you to Tower Hill and the Tower of London.
- London Bridge: Cross the bridge over the River Thames and turn right on to Lower Thames Street. After a 15-minute walk the Tower is located on your right.
- Bicycle stands are located next to the main shop near the entrance.
- Visit www.tfl.gov.uk/cycles for information about cycle routes around the area.
- No cycling is permitted on pedestrian areas.
Docklands Light Railway
Tower Gateway Station is located close to Tower Hill station and the Tower entrance is sign-posted.
- Bus routes: 15, 42, 78, 100, RV1
- All major sightseeing bus tours.
Riverboats for Tower Pier leave from Charing Cross, Westminster and Greenwich.
- The Tower is in the Congestion Charging Zone.
- There is no parking at the Tower of London.
- The nearest coach and car park is situated on Lower Thames Street and is a 2 minute walk to the main entrance which is clearly indicated.
- There are several Disabled Parking bays clearly marked.
- Pricing information and car park opening and closing times telephone the City of London Corporation on 020 7606 3030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other car parks can be found using Transport Direct.